Knit Picks Wooden Umbrella Yarn Swift (Onyx)
Free Shipping Included! Knit Picks Wooden Umbrella Yarn Swift (Onyx) by KnitPicks at Designers Artists. MPN: 83651. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. An essential tool for any knitter or crocheter, the Yarn Swift holds your hanks or skeins of yarn in place as you wind them into balls. Simply clamp
For added durability, the swift features metal hardware. The metal screws feature a plastic stopper at the end to prevent scratches when clamping the swift onto a table. Fits a table, counter, or any surface up to 1-1/2" thick.
To use yarn swift:
- Secure swift to table top or counter up to 1-1/2" thick with bottom clamp. Be sure there is enough clearance around the swift for the umbrella to fully open and spin freely.
- Untwist your yarn. It should come in a nicely twisted figure 8 hank, and when it is untwisted, it will look like a big loop of yarn. Leave the ties in place for now, as they will keep your loose hank from tangling.
- Drape the open hank over the closed swift and pull it lightly to hold it at the center of the ribs.
- Open the swift like an umbrella, pushing the runner up the center shaft until your loose yarn hank is held firmly around the swift.
- Holding the runner in place, slide the center clamp up and tighten it under the runner, securing the swift in the open position.
- Make sure your yarn is not twisted anywhere around the swift, and cut the ties around the hank.
- Find the end of the yarn and pull, and the swift should spin freely. Wind with a ball winder or by hand!
Features & Highlights
- Holds your hanks or skeins of yarn in place as you wind them into balls, and folds down for compact and convenient storage.
- A smooth Black satin finish brings class and sophistication to natural Birch wood
- Simple clamp holds swift in place easily on any table or surface up to 1 1/2'' thick, and umbrella opens to snugly fit most standard-sized yarn hanks.
- Metal hardware adds durability and polish, with plastic stopper to prevent scratches and damage when clamping swift to a table.
- For best results, use in together with the Knit Picks Yarn Ball Winder to make tidy and convenient center pull cakes.
|Package Weight:||1.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||3 x 2.25 x 2.25 inches|