Knit Picks Wooden Umbrella Yarn Swift (Onyx)
Free Shipping Included! Knit Picks Wooden Umbrella Yarn Swift (Onyx) by KnitPicks at Designers Artists. MPN: 83651. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. An essential tool for any knitter or crocheter, the Yarn Swift holds your hanks or skeins of yarn in place as you wind them into balls. Simply clamp
An essential tool for any knitter or crocheter, the Yarn Swift holds your hanks or skeins of yarn in place as you wind them into balls. Simply clamp the swift onto a table or counter top to start winding yarn neatly and easily. Made from durable Birch wood, only Knit Picks Onyx Swift is made with a luxurious black satin finish, for a smart and modern style that will give pleasant palpitations to even the most discerning crafters.
For added durability, the swift features metal hardware. The metal screws feature a plastic stopper at the end to prevent scratches when clamping the swift onto a table. Fits a table, counter, or any surface up to 1-1/2" thick.To use yarn swift:
- Secure swift to table top or counter up to 1-1/2" thick with bottom clamp. Be sure there is enough clearance around the swift for the umbrella to fully open and spin freely.
- Untwist your yarn. It should come in a nicely twisted figure 8 hank, and when it is untwisted, it will look like a big loop of yarn. Leave the ties in place for now, as they will keep your loose hank from tangling.
- Drape the open hank over the closed swift and pull it lightly to hold it at the center of the ribs.
- Open the swift like an umbrella, pushing the runner up the center shaft until your loose yarn hank is held firmly around the swift.
- Holding the runner in place, slide the center clamp up and tighten it under the runner, securing the swift in the open position.
- Make sure your yarn is not twisted anywhere around the swift, and cut the ties around the hank.
- Find the end of the yarn and pull, and the swift should spin freely. Wind with a ball winder or by hand!
For best results, use in tandem with the Knit Picks ball winder. Measures approx. 26" (66cm) in diameter (68"/173cm circumference) and 26" (66cm) tall when open.
Features & Highlights
- Holds your hanks or skeins of yarn in place as you wind them into balls, and folds down for compact and convenient storage.
- A smooth Black satin finish brings class and sophistication to natural Birch wood
- Simple clamp holds swift in place easily on any table or surface up to 1 1/2'' thick, and umbrella opens to snugly fit most standard-sized yarn hanks.
- Metal hardware adds durability and polish, with plastic stopper to prevent scratches and damage when clamping swift to a table.
- For best results, use in together with the Knit Picks Yarn Ball Winder to make tidy and convenient center pull cakes.
|Package Weight:||1.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||3 x 2.25 x 2.25 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by KnitPicks, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
This yarn ball winder is a great tool for knit and crochet. The clamp-on base allows it to be firmly fixed at the edge of tables, chairs, benches, or any convenient locationsMaterial: Plastic and Metal. Size Approx: 65cm x 48cm(25.6" x 18.9"). Size o...
PEPPERLONELY Brand 1 Set Blue ABS Embellish Knit Maker Spool Winder ToolSize: 5-4/8x3-6/8 Inches. Thickness: 2-3/8 Inches. 1 Set Per Pack. Material: ABS+Steel. Color: Blue. ...
By Sweet Crafty Tools
This is a combo package. You will receive two items--yarn swift umbrella and yarn ball winder as pictured. This yarn swift is wonderful to handle variety of hank sizes since the umbrella extends up to 72 inches in circumference. Spins smoothly. Made ...
mpn: 70001, ean: 0768847806000,
LACIS-Jumbo Yarn Ball Winder. This package includes one jumbo yarn ball winder: winder body, cone, yarn guide, yarn guide mount, 2 swing arms and instructions. Conveniently clamps on to a table. Imported.Dimensions: 6.75 in. H x 9.1 in. W x 6 in. D. ...
mpn: 43216-33443, ean: 0712755746125,
Yarn Ball Winder Effective design combined with superb durability is a key component that set our ball winders apart from the competition. Here's a list of why you must use this knitting yarn winder. ON Yarn Ball Winders (TM) is manufactured for long...
Descriptions:Tired of using up time winding twist hanks and skeins into balls instead of knitting.Wind a ball with this convenient yarn winder!It is perfect for making center-pull balls that won't roll away from you as you knit or crochet.It's compac...
mpn: Valyria060500810013, ean: 0605621433031,
Good for Winding Lines, Fiber, Yarns or Other StringsMaterial:Wood; natural color. The wooden reel:580g;unopened size:63cm x10cm(24 6/8" x3 7/8");opened size:72cm(28-3/8")x63cm(24-3/4");clamp: 4.25cm(1 5/8"). Contributes to making the winding of wool...
By Nagina International
Heavy Duty Premium rosewood and maple crafted wooden umbrella yarn swift. Made with precision and quality material, this is an amazing piece of arts & crafts. An essential tool for knittings and crocheting lovers So many yarn swifts come with a clamp...
mpn: 4336905603, ean: 0639853133575,
BONUS EXTRA SCREW!This yarn swift comes with a replacement screw.You have an alternative choice available except for the screw installed on the winder,no longer worrying about screw's crumble.Perfect for making balls of yarn from hanks or skeins!An e...
mpn: WE24345, ean: 0602191830741,
Veliis Professional Metal Yarn Ball Winder Feature: 1) 10 oz. capacity 2) strong and less noise 3) electrostatic painting 4) smooth edges 5) easy assembly Instruction Manual： A. Position the yarn guide with the eye upward and insert the other ...