African Porcupine Quills 3-5" | 10 pieces (Natural Bone) - Jewelry - Crafting - Art
Huge Savings Item! Save 19% on the African Porcupine Quills 3-5'' | 10 pieces (Natural Bone) - Jewelry - Crafting - Art by Nautical Beach Decor at Designers Artists. MPN: 43222-14247. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Real porcupine quills are sharp! You will receive ten quills that are similar to the ones pictured. See other photos for some jewelry and art
Features & Highlights
- African Porcupine quills are used in American Indian crafts. Bracelets, beads, and other forms of jewelry are the most common items fashioned from porcupine quills. The practice stems from Native American culture, in which the quill enjoyed many functions as a decorative item, both on and off the body. By creating multiple parallel rows of these quill lines, elegant accessories limited only by creativity can be fashioned. Earrings, for instance, can be made using this quill-and-bead method.
- Porcupine quillwork is an art form completely unique to North America. Before the introduction of glass beads, quillwork was a major decorative element used by the peoples who resided in the porcupine's natural habitat.
- Quillwork is perhaps the oldest form of embroidery used by Native Americans. Quills were folded, twisted, wrapped, plaited and sewn using a wide range of techniques to decorate articles of clothing, bags, knife sheaths, baskets, wooden handles and pipe stems.
- 3" - 5" approximate lengths. These are real African Porcupine Quills, so quills will vary in pattern and thickness as shown.
- See other photos for some jewelry and art ideas!
|Manufacturer:||Nautical Beach Decor|
|Brand:||Nautical Beach Decor|
|Publisher:||Nautical Beach Decor|
|Studio:||Nautical Beach Decor|
|Item Weight:||0.04 pounds|
|Package Weight:||0.04 pounds|
|Package Size:||1.18 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches|